Thanks for your interest in contributing to the Nelio AB Testing Blog!
Below you will find the details of the types of post we look for and specifics about our editorial process.
Purpose and Audience
The main focus of this site is conversion optimization for WordPress. Topics covered on this blog include the following, with an emphasis to A/B testing and heatmaps:
- A/B Testing ideas, tips, secrets…
- Strategies, tips, ways to increase website’s conversion rate
- On-line Marketing
- Content Marketing
- E-commerce Marketing
- Analytics tools
- Search Engine Optimization
While we are targeting anyone who wants to improve the conversion rate of a WordPress website, our ideal readers are marketers, publishers, and e-commerce owners at large and mid-sized B2B and B2C organizations.
Content and Style
- Introduction: Please introduce posts with at least a couple of paragraphs to hook readers’ attention.
- Readability: Break up long paragraphs into shorter chunks, and use subheadings and lists where appropriate.
- Headers: Please use the style Heading 2 (in the WordPress editor) for all subheadings.
- Word Count: Posts should be a minimum of 1,500 words.
- Images: Posts must include images. These can be Creative Commons with attribution, purchased stock images, custom images made with Canva, or screenshots created by you. All images must include a Title, Caption, Alt Text, and Description.
- Featured Image: the size of the featured image must be 850 x 300 px
- Posts must be well-written in near perfect English. Editing with Grammarly is highly suggested.
- Posts and author bios should not contain affiliate links.
- You must agree to participate in the comments for your posts for up to two weeks.
- It is highly advised that you promote your content to your social networks as a popular post is good for you and us.
Editing your Post
As a contributor you have your own user author. We will provide you with credentials to be able to access to our blog. Therefore, you can edit the post directly in our blog with your username.
You can also upload images to the blog, but be sure they include the title, caption, alt text, and description.
In addition to it you can highlight some sentences by including the Click to Tweet code in your post. Place your message within the parentheses. Tweet length will be automatically truncated to 120 characters. As an example:
[Tweet "This is a text readers can share on twitter."]
Previous to submission, you must check all the actions included in the Pre-Publish Post Checklist:
- The SEO Title is properly defined. This is, the General Information of WordPress SEO by Yoast include the Focus Keyword, SEO Title and meta description.
- SEO Excerpt is also properly defined.
- Categories are properly set.
- There is a Featured Image. See the sizing and properties of images above.
- There’s a list of tags.
- A partner has reviewed the post: you can mark this check-box, but we’ll review the post later.
As a contributor you have your own user author. Below the title of each there is the name of the author to a link to his or her profile. You must fill the information corresponding to your profile in the (“Users / Your Profile” menu).
Please, include your gravatar. If you do not have it, this is a good time to create it because as a blogger you should have one. Here is the link to create yours.
In this section you also have the opportunity to show your social profiles if you want.